When the Stamp Store coordinated “Concrete Prep, Pour and Stamp Demonstration” with VoTech teachers Mark Estell of Moore Norman and Glenn Sanders of Metro Tech, our main objective and hope was that we create a love connection between this group of aspiring leader/students and the practical artform that decorative concrete affords.
The days activities included:
- A 9×9 foot area was prepared for a concrete delivery by setting forms and reinforcement.
- Metheny Concrete donated a delivery truck of 1.5 yards of concrete!
- Tim Frazier, Stamp Store Expert Trainer demonstrated using a slump tool to determine concrete wetness.
- So many students helped to screed and level concrete once it came out of the truck
- There were approx. 35 willing and alert students present and participating. They asked some really good questions!
- Solomon Color donated plenty of food: 50 pizzas, soda, water, fruit and a variety of crackers for the day
- Tim Frazier and Dave Handy demonstrated broadcasting color hardener once the concrete was finished.
- Students stamped concrete after applying the release agent.
- They sprayed on Cure-n-Seal after the concrete hardens to complete the project.
- The forecasted rain never came
As for the love connection, like the weather, it’s difficult to forecast; however, at the end of the day, Mark Estell, VoTech teacher at Moore Norman said, “In the construction industry, the need is huge right now for dependable, quality workers, and this program that you offered for us today is a huge asset for that and for them to take the first step to having a good life in this industry.”
We appreciate you saying that, Mark. It looks like our dreams are already becoming a reality.
Check out this short movie of participants VoTech Training Video