The Stamp Store is thrilled to host vo-tech students from Moore-Norman and Metro Tech on Tuesday, October 4th for a full-day hands-on class where students will learn to prep, pour and stamp concrete! They will play an active role in:
- Preparing a 9×9 foot area for concrete delivery by setting forms and reinforcement.
- Using a slump tool to determine concrete wetness.
- Screeding and leveling concrete once it comes out of the truck.
- Broadcasting color hardener once the concrete has been finished. (Students will learn that the color hardener gives integrity to the concrete that wouldn’t be there with additional color.)
- Stamping concrete using a release agent.
- Spraying on Cure-n-Seal after the concrete hardens to complete the project.
This class is aimed at teaching students how to take a concrete project from beginning to end—preparation, concrete truck delivery, testing the moisture of the concrete, finishing the concrete and adding the decorative color and stamping element.
It is our goal that students have a multidimensional experience with other students from vo-techs in the Oklahoma City area. The teachers providing instruction are experts in the field and intend to invest in the students to potentially inspire a love and passion for decorative concrete that develops further. We’re thankful for their vo-tech instructors, Mark Estell of Moore-Norman and Glenn Sanders of Metro Tech, as they also pursue this vision.
The Stamp Store is looking forward to hosting this young group of aspiring leaders in concrete and we can’t wait to see what the future holds for them.