When planning a metallic epoxy garage floor system it is important to have enough product to do the job without running short or over ordering too much product, not to mention using the right products for the job.
The following is an overview of a top quality, high end garage floor system including product list, tech data link and approximate coverage rates.
Metallic Epoxy Floor System Installation and Products:
Surface Preparation: Patch, repair chips and cracks, roughen (grind), and completely clean the entire concrete surface.
- Concrete patch crack fill – Tech data – ORDER⇒
- Surface cleaner – Tech data – Will need 1 gallon kit per 150-250 sq/ft – ORDER⇒
- Primer coat – Tech data – Each gallon covers 250-340 sq/ft – ORDER⇒
- Metallic base coat with color – Tech data -Each gallon covers 90-100 sq/ft. – ORDER⇒ 3 gallon kit
- Metallic color additive – Each color pack is used per gallon of material or per desired color depth – ORDER⇒
- Clear Protective Top Coat – Tech data – Polyaspartic is the highest quality top coat – Coverage is 250-400ft/sq per gallon – two coats are ideal. – ORDER⇒
There will be other cost associated with this and may include.
- Paint brushes
- Paint Rollers
- Solvent for cleanup
- Mixing drill
- Spiked cleats